Posted by: admin Comments: 0 Post Date: January 2, 2020
Tips on Changing Hair Coloradmin
Choosing a hair color is a big decision. Apart from having an exorbitant amount of colors to choose from, there’s a color wheel chart and even math involved!
Depending on your natural color (base)…
- Take the Strand Test – if you’re going to do-it-yourself, I highly recommend this. It’s the easiest and best way to know for sure what hair color you’re going to end up looking like. Remove a strand from the nape of the neck. Keep the color on for 20 minutes.
- Time Management – colors require maintenance. There are high and low maintenance options. Select a color that works best with your schedule. Ask yourself how often you’re available for a touch up, conditioning treatments, etc.
- Cool and Warm – Cool toned people should avoid gold, yellow, red and bronze tones. Warm toned people should avoid blue, violet, white and jet-black tones.
- Going Red – it is the hardest color to maintain. Prepare for the fade. For natural-looking reds choose coppery colors instead of blue-reds.
- Make-up – you’ve changed your color and now it seems you have to wear more make-up that usual. You chose the wrong color. Flattering hair color should emphasize your skin tone.